ATSC has produced an explanatory video that explains the full capabilities of the ATSC 3.0 standard, the IP-based system designed to bring together broadcast with broadband content sources. You can download the video from this link on the ATSC website.
Host Station Resources
The Host Station Manual is a resource, based on experiences in the Phoenix Model Market, for stations that have been designated as a host for ATSC 3.0 broadcasts.
- Exciter/Modulator Physical Layer Parameters
- Shannon Limit, Signal to Noise and Station Coverage
- Single Frequency Network
Summer 2020 Webinar Series
Based on the experience gained during the last two years of operating the Phoenix Model Market Station, this series of webinars will provide instruction to help station and technology management personnel in converting local markets to next-generation TV, powered by ATSC 3.0.
Webinar recordings are available below and are only for broadcasters and tech partners. Please message us at firstname.lastname@example.org for password information.
- June 3 Webinar: “Standing Up a Host Station”
- June 17 Webinar: “ATSC 3.0 Layered Structure”
- July 1: Encoding & Packaging
- July 15: Encapsulation, Signaling, and Gateway
- July 29: HELD and NRT, Application, and Framework
- August 12: ATSC 3.0 Implementation Requirements and Capabilities: Content Security
- August 19: ATSC 3.0 Implementation Requirements and Capabilities: Service Protection
- August 26: Host Station Configuration and Service Profile